Replacing your car, caravan, bike, or UPS lead-acid battery is a costly exercise, which is why regular cleaning is an essential part of battery maintenance.
Unfortunately, when exposed to warm environments – such as your car’s engine bay – batteries often leak acid and form corrosion around their terminals. This, in turn, reduces the battery’s performance and overall lifespan.
While terminal corrosion is easily identified as a blue-green powdery residue, leaked battery acid can be invisible to the naked eye.
NEUTRALISE BATTERY ACID
Fortunately, CRC Industry’s technician-grade Battery Cleaner doesn’t just remove contaminants and corrosion, it also neutralises battery acid while acting as an indicator that changes from yellow to pink when acid contact occurs.
This feature lets users quickly determine when the cleaning process is complete, and the battery is 100% acid-free.
It also means the solution can clean, neutralise, and visually check for acid spills on surrounding components. This includes mounting plates, brackets, boxes, lids and neighbouring wires.
Moreover, CRC Industries’ Battery Cleaner is non-corrosive, making it safe for all lead-acid battery types and surrounding equipment.
EASY TO USE
The cleaning foam can be sprayed directly onto battery housings, terminals and other metal parts. Here’s how to use the product…
- Disconnect the battery’s cables.
- Shake the can well before use.
- Spray liberally over the battery surface and all corroded areas (Do not spray into the battery’s cells).
- Use a small wire brush to remove heavy deposits on the terminals if necessary.
- Allow the solution to soak for a few minutes and then flush with water.
- Reapply to ensure that all the acid has been removed.
- Rinse with water again, then dry the battery with a cloth or paper towel.
CRC Industries’ Battery Cleaner With Acid Indicator is a powerful and effective cleaning solution for maintaining lead-acid batteries and ensuring maximum service life and performance.
Some key features of the product include:
- Cleans and neutralises acid.
- Identifies invisible acid spills by changing colour from yellow to pink.
- Reduces voltage leakage due to contaminants.
- Maximises current flow.
- Promotes longer battery life.
BATTERY TERMINAL PROTECTOR
For extended protection, spray your battery’s terminals with CRC Industry’s Battery Terminal Protector. This solution forms a lead-free, soft protective coating against corrosion and other contaminants.